Update: My Keyhole cichlids have SPAWNED!!!!!!!!(pictures!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FUN!!! :multi:
Keep us posted with more pictures!!! I don't think you ever have to feel bad for rattling on about fish on this site! :D

Well, the eggs are all still there, that's a good thing. The parents aren't as protective as yesterday, but that's just a quick impression as I just got back home from doing my last exam (which went very smoothly). If the eggs are still there tommorow morning, I'll be very hopefull. 20 hours have passed since they spawned, I don't know at what point I may start hoping to actually see them hatch.

I turned of the lights completely last night and it was fine for them, didn't stress or anything :wink:

And Sonia, I don't think it's interesting to take more pics now, when they hatch I will take some more though :wink:

24 hours passed, ALL the eggs are still there. And their still caring for them very well. Now I'm beginning to get hopefull.
Just in case they do hatch: what foods do I need to have to feed the young? Get some infusiora or bbs going? Or egg yolk? Or powderfood?

44 hours have passed and most eggs are still there. Some of them have turned white overnight, so they're not fertilized or just fungus. Can I now start keeping my fingers crossed to actually see some fry?

All eggs were gone the third morning. There were some left but they were eaten within 10 minutes after lights went on.
I am currently doing a blackout on my tank to combat the blue cyano bacteria. But I hope they try again very soon. I'll let you guys know if I have a new batch of eggs and they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom