Update on 5 Gallon Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got my 5 gallon betta tank all situated. I bought the heater and the other decorations I wanted, and I let it run for almost two weeks.

img_1549788_0_5308ab77ea49cb8db557ca078154af9f.jpg

I just tested the water yesterday and all my ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, etc levels were right where they should be... So I finally picked out a betta. I expected to find a nice, light colored betta to put in there but... I saw this guy and my mouth dropped.

He's a crowntail and his fins are a little ragged, but I figure a little TLC will patch him up. Hes so dark, hes black, though usually they turn out to be a dark blue or purple... But his fin tips are so white, its amazing... The pics aren't great cause they were taken with my rather old cell phone, but they are the best I could do for the moment!

This one has alot of flash to it, so the black color is bleached... but you can see how white his tips are, and he has a good shape..

img_1549788_1_0e9a29fc2e37c2ef6a41babe2cd8ec91.jpg

This one shows you just how dark his body is.

img_1549788_2_331f3a43787e6a087e86b1f90c1ec978.jpg

Cool tank I like how you used the blue gravel to look like a river. Oh and awesome looking betta!

Thank you! I dont remember where I saw it, but someone did there tank up like a forest, complete with streams and underwater plants. It looked really cool. Since I was going with the japanese garden type look, I figured it would fit. My hubby thought I was a dork, but now he really likes it too.

I was really worried about the little guy.. When I put him in, he found a little corner and hid for most of the night and the next day, but now hes out and about swimming around and exploring.. Maybe he was just a little shocked to go from a cup to 5 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom