Update on my 10 gallon nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These are some pics of my 10 gallon nano just took them

Can Someone tell me why there's so much blue green algea is it because me lights are to powerfull or because I leave my lights on to long 10am-10pm.

Attachments

• image-3539187804.jpg
    image-3539187804.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2738639623.jpg
    image-2738639623.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2215018975.jpg
    image-2215018975.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3875868871.jpg
    image-3875868871.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 62
It is normal to have your lights on for 12 hours so I doubt that's the problem. It is probably an issue with your sand bed..possibly too many nutrients? (hopefully someone else can go into more detail). A good CUC would get rid of that problem, but it's best to find the source rather than cover up the problem.

I have a cheap Walmart hood with 2 reef sun 50/50 compact bulbs daylight and actinic

6500k each

No I have not I have been trying to lower my nitrates with weekly water changes I got rid of a bad case of hair algea that I had in addition to the blue green it's basically gone now

Elykreefs97 said:
I have a cheap Walmart hood with 2 reef sun 50/50 compact bulbs daylight and actinic

6500k each

That's fine. I'd look into phosphates and see what your levels are, like the other poster said. A good CUC will take care of that but your not gonna find the cause.

Check levels. How often do you do water changes? Also your using RO/DI water or at least distilled water right?

Every week

Sorry the tank looks like mess but I have been looking everywhere for live rock bc my lfs is remodeling and has none I'm also upgrading soon so that's another reason

Yes distiled water

Elykreefs97 said:
Every week

Sorry the tank looks like mess but I have been looking everywhere for live rock bc my lfs is remodeling and has none I'm also upgrading soon so that's another reason

Yes distiled water

No need to apologize its ok. It's a work in progress! Just think of what it will look like when your done!!

Again I'd check your water parameters. Also just a suggestion. Have you ever thought about adding a background? Maybe black or blue?

This tank is just a temporary tank when I get my 30 gal I'm going to paint the background blue and in going to have a DIY 10 gal sump I already have that built I can't wait to start that build.

Elykreefs97 said:
This tank is just a temporary tank when I get my 30 gal I'm going to paint the background blue and in going to have a DIY 10 gal sump I already have that built I can't wait to start that build.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing it!! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom