Update on my 55 gallon Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I took a few new pictures of my tank. It's coming a long pretty well, still have a few things to add, and of course time, to let things grow.
Added some new plants and a few new fish.

Stocking:
5 Rummy nose Tetras
6 neon Tetras
6 Cherry barbs
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Boesemani Rainbow ( only rainbow left after 4 years in tank)
2 Nerite snails
I want to put some corys in soon, but not sure if I am overstocked too much yet?

Plants:
Stargrass
Wisteria
Swords
Green Temple narrow Leaf
Hygrophil Corymbosa
Nesaea Pedillcellata 'Golden
Telanthera Rosefolia
Crypto Coryne Prava
Anbias, Nana

I am running on DIY CO2 right now, and will be up grading to pressurizer soon. Hopefully!

Before:
17213-albums2434-picture15938.jpg

Now:
17213-albums2434-picture17431.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture17432.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture17433.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture17434.jpg
I'll hopefully have another update soon!

richardh said:
Excellent work! What's the little red fella, he (or she) looks stunning?

It's a male cherry barb a lot more colorful then the females.

Tifta said:
Hey guys, I took a few new pictures of my tank. It's coming a long pretty well, still have a few things to add, and of course time, to let things grow.
Added some new plants and a few new fish.

Stocking:
5 Rummy nose Tetras
6 neon Tetras
6 Cherry barbs
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Boesemani Rainbow ( only rainbow left after 4 years in tank)
2 Nerite snails
I want to put some corys in soon, but not sure if I am overstocked too much yet?

Plants:
Stargrass
Wisteria
Swords
Green Temple narrow Leaf
Hygrophil Corymbosa
Nesaea Pedillcellata 'Golden
Telanthera Rosefolia
Crypto Coryne Prava
Anbias, Nana

I am running on DIY CO2 right now, and will be up grading to pressurizer soon. Hopefully!

Before:

Now:

I'll hopefully have another update soon!

Your tank is stunning well done

Goregous tank! You can definitely add atleast 6 of any type of cory you'd like. :)

siva said:
Goregous tank! You can definitely add atleast 6 of any type of cory you'd like. :)

I was thinking I could. I have been holding off though, because I heard that corys will uproot plants. I use to have some and would like to get more.

Tifta said:
I was thinking I could. I have been holding off though, because I heard that corys will uproot plants. I use to have some and would like to get more.

IME cories are very good with plants, have them for a year and have never uprooted one plant, you could definitely add some! :)

They aren't too bad..but yes..a little replanting here and there is a must. ;)

IME cories are very good with plants, have them for a year and have never uprooted one plant, you could definitely add some! :)
Oh my..I think you've been lucky. I keep many species and they do uproot here and there. :)

siva said:
Oh my..I think you've been lucky. I keep many species and they do uproot here and there. :)

I don't mind replacing plants here and there, just worried about my HC getting unrooted. Its a pain to replant.
It's between them or a pair of sparkling gouramis.

Back
Top Bottom