Update on my SW tank:]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I think i'm on the hump of my cycle?:multi: Ammonia was really high...but now it's dropping:] and nitrite is still slowly rising:]

but....ph did drop. its at 7.4 now...i think that may be bad?

I think i posted the pictures right:] The picture that is extremely cloudy was taken 5min after i set up my tank. and the second picture was taken a few mins ago. i just recently added 20 more lbs of sand as well as some live rock:]

Attachments

• IMG_20110130_164711.jpg
    IMG_20110130_164711.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20110211_122154.jpg
    IMG_20110211_122154.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 84
oh yeah and for those who read and didn't know, i set my tank up on the 31st.
So, first picture January 31st 2011
second picture, February 11 2011

It helps the sandstorm a little if you rinse the sand in a bucket a bit before you put it in the tank once or twice. Make sure you are rinseing out the sponges on your filter pretty often too since a lot of that is going to get picked up there. Looking good so far.

Looking good, on your way. Except you should fill that baby up, I hate seeing tanks with a gap of water missing, even if it is brand new:mad: lol. Good luck keep us posted.

During the cycle Dont worry about the PH. It will bounce all around because of the abundance of ammonia and nitrites. Wait till the cycle is over and you do a big PWC before you worry about your PH.

Just.A.Bit.Salty said:
Looking good, on your way. Except you should fill that baby up, I hate seeing tanks with a gap of water missing, even if it is brand new:mad: lol. Good luck keep us posted.

Hahahaha ah I know I knowwwwww. Yesterday it was filled to the tip top when I added the live rock and extra sand (because I only had about an inch of sand first) and after I added the live rock I took out 5 gal but only put in 2 and a half back because I feared the water would overflow if I put my arm in to move the rocks.

At first I was against doing a pwc, but the dude at my lfs advised to do so to bring ammonia down a bit since I introduced live rock to a tank that was already cycling. And yes, I will keep you guys posted:] if I ever lag on replies or posts don't worry, I'm not a jerk haha i just have school :p

Back
Top Bottom