Update on the 150gal planted community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelWings

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! I've been steadily assuming to my live plants by replanting my clippings and adding new varieties.

Here's what it looks like tonight, and then I expect more plants in the mail from Dan the Guppy Man, and I'll post the after pictures.

I'm starting to really like where its going. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130115_224550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130115_224550.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 81
Mmm looking good! Gosh I hope my plants make it there ok, those vals would look great along that back wall! Is that a live plant in the back middle? (Tall and curvy)

Dan, the tall one in the center and also on the right back corner is anacharis. It grows like crazy, seriously around 5" a week at least. I just keep replanting the trimmings and it gets better and better.

And you are right, I can't wait to put the corkscrew vals in a clump just a little to the left of that center anacharis along the back wall. Its going to look so great.

Interestingly, they say that metricide or excel causes anacharis to melt. I started with a regular dose of metricide, then slowly increased to about double the dose, and my anacharis has never had any problems. It has great roots in my plain gravel, and the growth just doesn't quit. Let me know if you ever want some, as I generally have more than enough to share.

Oh neat! Any boxes at your door yet? I just got some feedback from another guy I sent plants to the same day and his was delivered this morning...nothin for you yet?

I haven't been home yet today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a package on the doorstep in a few minutes.

Good news- sorry I couldnt PM this my box is full lol. Just got the right tracking number - Says it left Omaha at 8 this morning and it should be delivered by now!

Back
Top Bottom