Update: scaping ideas? - This is it for now! Thanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay this is what I hav after another trip tot he LFS. I think I am too picky, I am still not happy. ANy other suggestions? Now I just feel like they are all dumped in there. Thanks

Attachments

• img_0806_2_1_196.jpg
    img_0806_2_1_196.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 18
  • img_0805_1_1_302.jpg
    img_0805_1_1_302.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
I think it looks great only hope that my tank will look that good when I get it going.

I think that looks really good- the only thing you're missing is a foreground. some kind of shorter plant to sit in front to give it more depth.

Okay I am moving things again, ahh, stop me. Any further suggestions? I think I still need a forground, any suggested plants or any I can make smaller already in the tank? Thanks

Attachments

• img_0807_1_1_181.jpg
    img_0807_1_1_181.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17
  • img_0808_2_1_119.jpg
    img_0808_2_1_119.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 11
I really like this latest arrangement. I'd let it be for awhile and see how it grows in.

THe only thing I can think is to move the red in the middle with the red on the right, cut the stalks of the rotela that has leaves at top and not a bottom to make it a foreground and maybe make the wistera on the right foreground. I should get more grass I think too. OR should I just leave it.

Yea this looks nice- you've got some depth now.

let that grass you've got grow into a foreground, and see how it works out.

Well I moved things again, Yikes. I think it is better, what do you think? I think the plant to the left of the driftwood is going to die so I may replace with more rotella like on the far left, what do you think?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• img_0810_2_1_1_154.jpg
    img_0810_2_1_1_154.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 17
IMO

Looking good.

This latest photo is probably the best. I think I'd get more ground cover and let it grow in. And possibly move the wood forward a tiny bit.

Gonna hate me but, there is something I like about the original photo. It seemed to be more focused than the following setups.

Most of the tanks that I think look really nice focus on 2 or 3 dominant plants and then a few oddballs scattered about. I think that makes it look more visually appealing and natural.

If you add any more plants (I think you said you were going to), I would try getting more of your favorites. I wouldn't buy any more different plants.

This last change is by far the best, and I think you've acheived something very much like what I believe you were trying for. Congrats! Now it's time to sit back and enjoy.

current516 said:
IMO

Looking good.

This latest photo is probably the best. I think I'd get more ground cover and let it grow in. And possibly move the wood forward a tiny bit.

Gonna hate me but, there is something I like about the original photo. It seemed to be more focused than the following setups.

Most of the tanks that I think look really nice focus on 2 or 3 dominant plants and then a few oddballs scattered about. I think that makes it look more visually appealing and natural.

If you add any more plants (I think you said you were going to), I would try getting more of your favorites. I wouldn't buy any more different plants.

I am done adding plants, I am going to see what makes it and what doesn't and do what was suggested stick with fewer species.

I agree my original was more focused. I think my problem is I saw a tank in the LFS that was square and large and I am trying to reproduce that. My dream is a 125 gallon when I get a new house. Maybe one day, but then I am hiring a landscaper!!!!

Okay I added more foreground grass. I hope it lives b/c it was really expensive. When I first bought it the LFS told me it was microsword but when I went to get more the owner said it was blyxa joponica and plant geek says it is hard to keep. I like the bubble coming out of it. I think it may been to be moved forward a bit but for now I am going to let it rest. Thanks to everyone for there help!!!!

Attachments

• img_0811_2_1_993.jpg
    img_0811_2_1_993.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • img_0812_1_1_929.jpg
    img_0812_1_1_929.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom