Update, things look good so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodinwilmington

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well it's been about 5 weeks now and things are really looking good, I had a bit of a green hair algae problem but it's subsiding now. All levels are good and I'm waiting for a new Warner Marine Hx2 skimmer to replace the prizm. I now have a small cuc, 1 green chromis, and a lawnmower blennie who's been eating the algae. I have a problem with my Fluval 205 spitting microbubbles in the tank a few times per hour, from what I've read I've tried shaking the unit to get the air out but it doesn't seem to work, I think maybe my carbon or biofilter media has small bubbles that are released, it's pretty nerve racking seeing those bubbles getting spit in there, any suggestions? Here are a couple of pics, the second is a piece of LR with a couple of hitchhikers, Mushroom and what I hope is not aiptasia to the left and below the mushroom, it hasn't spread and my Peppermint shrimp haven't touched it so I'm hopeful.

Attachments

• DSC00904.jpg
    DSC00904.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00905.jpg
    DSC00905.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 90
Looks good, Cant really tell if its aiptasia. You should frag the mushroom and let it all the frags find there own spot and grow.

Thanks, here's a little better pic but it's a at a hard angle to photo, it's been there for at least 3 weeks or so and I haven't seen any others.

Attachments

• DSC00908.jpg
    DSC00908.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 102
If its tan or clear then for sure aiptasia. Your shrimp may be letting it fatten up!

not sure if that's aiptasia or not. There don't seem to be too many tenticles and they are not that long either.

If that hitchhiker is light brown and the head is on a thin stem like base then it's aiptasia for sure.
Here are some pictures of some of the hitchhikers that are commonly found on LR.
Anemone Hitch Hikers

Back
Top Bottom