Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been a while! I think an update is in order. Today is water change day, so once I do that and get everything pretty again I will take some pics and upload them :) Oh yeah, and I do have like 3 or 4 small bunches of rotala wallichii if anyone is interested..... :brows:

Oh oh! Pick me! Pick me!

Where are these pictures Dan? :lol:

I hope the tank has been doing well, I haven't visited the thread recently! :nono:

Where are these pictures Dan? :lol:

I hope the tank has been doing well, I haven't visited the thread recently! :nono:

Oh yeah..to be honest I have been too lazy to do them lol because it takes FOREVER to upload them and get the

Sounds good. :)

Did you end up receiving a new iPhone?

Oh. That. Lol...no Verizon decided to be snoopy and check to make sure I packaged it right an saw the broken screen...I'm stuck with this one until my upgrade lol. But I like this better since I don't need to bak up any of my files from my phone and transfer them to a new one, incase you haven't noticed, I am quite lazy LOL. But I took it to get most of the back fixed so I can take pics now!

Okay so my phone will not let me take pictures at the moment...I know it's always something lol. But- I do have some news...I have a couple of the corkscrew vals i can sell, some rotala wallichii (predfan...?) but the wallichii isn't really fully grown or "pretty" yet but if you want some, go ahead lol..I will post some pics of it once I get my phone working again. I also have a bunch of java fern windelov stems to sell, and I think I want to get rid of the crypts at the front where the DW is, and I want to carpet the tank...I was about to carpet HC but I wasnt sure if I wanted that look..I was thinking DHG but I am not sure if I can grow it too well. Any suggestions??

Update - February 23, 2013

Did a water change today! Sad story...I was filling it back up by the python, and It was taking a while to fill so I went upstairs onto the chat room here. I got so caught up in the conversation, I forgot about the tank. So after like 20 minutes, it finally dawned on me that I left the tank filling up...so i ran downstairs and all I saw was the front of the tank like a legitimate WATERFALL, and the whole thing was overflowing...So i turned off the water, and went over there..I pretty much flooded half of that room lol. Dont worry, nothing got damaged - I cleaned up all the water. had to siphon out some water since it was full to the brim still, and then once I got everything back to normal and all, I made sure everything else in the tank was fine. I noticed that one angelfish was missing - the big black one. I thought she jumped out, but i couldn't find her...then like an hour later I saw it hiding behind the little slate cave in the left corner on the substrate so I poked it with a tube and it swam back up :) So its all better now lol. On a lighter note, I got some brazilian pennywort from bud29 and planted it:
334rbd4.jpg

And I got some plants from Brian_Nano12g (Rotala Colorata, Hygrophola Augustifolia, Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan', Myrlophyllum Mattogrossense and some Flame moss) Here is some flame moss pics - I only tied it to the small branches of the DW
1zv6b05.jpg

t4usuv.jpg

Thats all the pics I could get before my camera stopped working :( I will try to get you a nice video of the whole tank as soon as i can! Thanks for following :)

Sorry to hear about the flooding - at least the angel wasn't lost like you thought at first :) Chat can be pretty addicting, I don't blame you for getting distracted :oops:

That pennywort grew like a weed for me, it should for you too! My plants from you are doing well - both the rotala wallichi and the ludwigia inclinata verticillata are developing some pink coloration :)

Sorry to hear about the flooding - at least the angel wasn't lost like you thought at first :) Chat can be pretty addicting, I don't blame you for getting distracted :oops:

That pennywort grew like a weed for me, it should for you too! My plants from you are doing well - both the rotala wallichi and the ludwigia inclinata verticillata are developing some pink coloration :)

Good news...and the wallichii was already pink :p :lol: I still have like a ton of pennywort stems I just threw in a random 5.5 gallon until I have somewhere to put them lol. Can't wait for the flame moss to get its flame on....lol....

Good news...and the wallichii was already pink :p :lol: I still have like a ton of pennywort stems I just threw in a random 5.5 gallon until I have somewhere to put them lol. Can't wait for the flame moss to get its flame on....lol....

Oh I know it was already pink =P :lol: But the new growth is pink too, which surprises me since the stems are so low and not close to the light yet :) I'll be interested to see how the flame moss gets to looking, I love flame moss :) I was going to buy some earlier this week, but other purchases took priority.

Oh I know it was already pink =P :lol: But the new growth is pink too, which surprises me since the stems are so low and not close to the light yet :) I'll be interested to see how the flame moss gets to looking, I love flame moss :) I was going to buy some earlier this week, but other purchases took priority.

Wow yours grows a lot faster than mine does...lol oh well! Yeah I am anxious to see the flame moss too :) I am now a supporting member finally! Whoot whoot!

UPDATE - FINALLY - March 4, 2013

Ahh! It's March! Lol, so I just took a quick video of the 60 gallon for you! Don't mind it's ugliness lol. I hacked the ludwigia down as you can see and planted the trimmings- I am selling them- so they are soon to be gone. Also, if you watch the video, you will see I focus in on one of the Anubis plants- it's growing a flower!! I have never had them do that. I obliterated the dwarf sag, so it's re-carpeting itself, and the RTL is growing out again. I redid the left corner of the tank, trimmed the limnophila aromatics, planted some baby tears and some green spikey plant(forgot the name lol) and some Brazilian penny wort which is growing crazy! The swords pearl all the time, you can see the tank is pearling in the video...umm...that's about it! OH! There is a guest appearance of my newest edition to the family at the end... She is a pied cockatiel named Sunshine :) (sunshine because of the bright yellow crown on her head :) )

oh yeah, and I have no clue what happened to all of the fissidens fontanus!!! It just vanished overnight! the angels probably nipped it and ripped it all off :( It wasnt even growing anyways tho!! Oh well :( oh and also - dont mind that gold angel in the bag, I sold him and I had to put him in that while i was cleaning the other tank for him :)

Everything in the video is so awesome, Dan! I love the tank, love the Angels, and lastly, love the Cockateil! (y)

thanks. I got some guppies in the mail a few days ago and had nothing to put them in, so i went out and brought my 10g back to life...

5cimhi.jpg

Right now its got some ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata and rotala magenta for plants, and 8 spotted spectacle guppies.

f57og2.jpg
here is a male guppy.

Just thought I should share this tank :) i added some giant hairgrass in the 60

Woohoo! 500th post :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom