Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys I think my tank is ready for some fish. I did a pwc this morning and my tests are as follows:

Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
PH 8.2
Calcium 460
Phosphates 0
API KH is 13
Salifert KH is 8.0
Salinity 1.024

OK k trying to set up my Apex and the instructions are not very clear for username. Everything I try says it's too long and does not match format. What format? Can anyone help with this. Thanks.

maybe just a couple mediocre changes a day or two apart would prob be fine ,... I'm sure " they" just want the new system to start off with the cleanest water available ,... " out with the old and in with the new " ,...clear sailing after this !!!

Here is the algae growth in my tank. Does this look normal for a tank that has just finished
cycling?
[ATTACH

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 60
Looks normal for a tank that finished cycling with the lights on. All the algae up top where light can be absorbed. Scrub it all off, remove it with the large water changes, and go for gold.

Algae on rock = Fuzzy Chiton, though not sure if they will hande a new system, probably since it is cycled it would be fine, just know they do a fabulous job of cleaning the rock and I got mine from John at RC.

Ok I received my cleanup crew today and acclimated them very slowly. Although my big turbos that I put in there last week really did a great job on cleaning up the rock. I put one a fire fish in there last week and he just popped out for a moment before dashing back into his hiding place.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom