Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband Bill bought a 16" oscillating fan and set it up to blow over the light. It has brought down the thermostat temp back to normal.

[emoji106]it's always neat when you come up with an easy cure for a big problem ... way to go Bill !

Have not posted for a while. I had to go out of town this past Monday for work and returned thus mornibg to find my tank looking a little yellow. So I check the equipment and find that the skimmer has stopped running. I bought the skimmer in 2016 but didn't start using it until this year. I am a little ticked that it the pump gas town had after running less than 6 months. I contacted the seller to see if they can replace the pump and I am waiting to hear about that. On top of that I asked my husband to feed thevfish for me and I come back and my yellow rank looks so thin that I can't believe he is not dead. And on top of that I brought home from South Carolina with a beautiful sailfin desjardini tang. He is acclimating now and I'm going g to have to do a water change as soon as I out him in there. Why is it that everything happens when you go away?

Sorry for the rant earlier. I just get frustrated when things go wrong. I heard back from the people who made my skimmer and they wanted more information so I sent them the info and I am waiting to hear back. In the mean time here Is a picture of my new sailfin tang.

That's a beautiful fish Barb. I love the Sailfins. Have had my Desjardini a couple of years now. Absolutely love him.

Sailfins are a beautiful fish for sure , we see some big ones in Hawaii every year ,.. fingers crossed that all goes well with the new addition !

Sailfins in general make me wish that it was possible to keep several similar looking types of tangs in one system. They are pretty much the most beautiful of the tangs, with the exception of some like the achilles. Think about a tank with a ton of tangs, purple, black, gem, desjardii...it'd be amazing looking.

Back
Top Bottom