Upgraded from 20-29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kclee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So over the weekend I moved my fish from my 20g to a 29. Kept the same filter, substrate, plants, and water from the 20 in the 29. So far water tests have showed no ammonia or nitrites so it seems that nothing as far as the nitrogen cycle was interrupted. I am currently running a 40g hanging filter and I plan to add a 20g as well to provide some extra filtration.

Fish include
1x Opaline Gourami
1x Golden Gourami
2x Pearl Gouramis
2x Sterbai Corys
2x Panda Corys

Everyone seems to be getting along really well with no aggression.

This is how the tank looked shortly after the switch. It is significantly clearer now and I have cleaned the filter intake several times.

Fish tank.jpg

So...brings me to my question. I am thinking of adding a few more fish. Not sure what exactly. I had thought about maybe some Kuhli loaches and/or a small shoaling fish that would do ok with the Gouramis. I definitely want to add some Amano shrimp. I want to add something that is somewhat exotic and has some color...but is not too difficult to care for.

Anyone have any ideas or suggesstions?

Also upgraded from the fluorescent hood light shown in the picture to a LED Nicrew light.

Anyone have any experience with Peacock Gudgeons?

Back
Top Bottom