Upgraded...more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

I upgraded from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon. In it I put my 3 white clouds and betta from before and added a 2 cory catfish. I got another filter and a heater as well.

My question is what fish if any can I add without disturbing the balence?

I was considering 1 or 2 male guppies, or a black molly (or do they need a bigger tank and to be in a group?) or a rainbow shark(though some places I read they are too aggressive)

Maybe a 1 solitary fish would be best.

Suggestions and comments please.

Guppys and bettas are a bad mix. Rainbow shark will get much to big. Maybe a few more white clouds and another cory.

I'd have to agree with Rich. The betta and the guppies will nip at each other's fins. Rainbow sharks will not work in a 10 gal. I would get 3 more white clouds and a couple more cories.

So do you think the white clouds and cories need more of their own kind to be socially happy?

I don't know about the white clouds, though I've heard they're schooling fish. I do know that the cories will be MUCH happier with more of them. I started out with one panda cory. When I added two more, the first one's behavior totally changed. He (she?) went from being uber-shy and hiding all over the tank to being a very social fish who was always out and about with the other pandas, prowling the tank. When I added two more to that, they all kind of acted like they owned the place (without being bully fish...heh...can't picture those tiny little cuties bullying my ginormous ADHD mollies and living to tell the tale). It really changed the dynamic of the entire tank, just adding a few more cories.

Back
Top Bottom