Upgrading in July - but buying now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely would be more than enough room for a hippo I wouldn't put him in right away though I would give the tank 4 months to build up food and nutrients for the hippo, you doing fish only in the tank? If so I ve got a light fixture for sale

Definitely would be more than enough room for a hippo I wouldn't put him in right away though I would give the tank 4 months to build up food and nutrients for the hippo, you doing fish only in the tank? If so I ve got a light fixture for sale

Nope gonna be reef with a few reef safe fish. Speaking of lighting what would yall recommend? a couple of 36" T5 HO light fixtures w/ a LED bar with a mix of white and blue LEDs would sufice?

Well if you keep anything you want in the tank I would go with metal hallide and attinc I went with coralife fixture it has 3x250w metal halides and 2x96w true attinics with built in fans it's perfect for my 125g tank

naturally, get whatever you can get a deal on when looking for used stuff, but i would go with a 125 or a 180. a 150 will just be taller- not a good thing for a reef tank. hard to reach the bottom, and you will need stronger lighting to penetrate.
the better the footprint, the better the reef. length and front to back dimensions are what you are looking for, along with lack of height.

Billy, I am in Fort Walton Beach, right next door to you. There are daels on Craigslist, you just have to keep your eyes open. I just picked up a 125 for $175. You have to check the panama city and pensacola craigslist, in addition to the Okaloosa. There are always deals in Pensacola.

Also, check out St. Francic pet shop in Navarre on Hwy 98, she has good deals on new and used equipment. I think she has 125 reef ready tanks for $350 new in the box. You would have to get a stand and canopy though, that price is for the tank w/overflow.

Also, check out St. Francic pet shop in Navarre on Hwy 98, she has good deals on new and used equipment. I think she has 125 reef ready tanks for $350 new in the box. You would have to get a stand and canopy though, that price is for the tank w/overflow.

Im actually in FWB just usually know one know where it is and they know where destin is. And ive drove past St. Francis a few times and have wanted to stop in...Ill have to go over there soon...

Also, dont forget to check out the Gulfarium Aqua-Farm. Some of the best deals in town. Another place to look for tanks/equipment is Matts Coral Connection....

The gulfarium was where i was gonna buy the base rock cause they had some huge hunks the last time i went, is Matt's CC a good spot cause this is the first time im hearing about them?

excellent footprint. tell them to drill it, but just use a 90 and a strainer for a drain, or a glass holes overflow. glass cages tends to make massive surface skimmer boxes that take up a lot of real estate.

excellent footprint. tell them to drill it, but just use a 90 and a strainer for a drain, or a glass holes overflow. glass cages tends to make massive surface skimmer boxes that take up a lot of real estate.

Thanx for the advice X will do!

ok so ive been looking into lighting for the 72" tank and im comparing these 2 lights.

First are these LED lights think i would buy 2 maybe 3 of these to span across the 72"
120w LED Aquarium Coral Light Blue White Plant Grow - eBay (item 320666215565 end time Mar-06-11 20:50:43 PST)

Then I came across this light fixture and it caught my eye
72' Metal Halide 250 T5 HO Aquarium Light Lunars NEW! - eBay (item 190413132557 end time Mar-29-11 18:12:13 PDT)

Tell me what yall think about these 2 different lights. Pros and cons of each. Thanks for looking.

those LEDs are garbage. only 6500 lumens per fixture.
i'd rather have the halide fixture, but then again, i wouldn't buy either one of those because they aren't name brands and they aren't UL listed.
if you are looking to save a few bucks, look into used equipment.

BillyD918 said:
Ok everyone I want to upgrade my tank from a 29 gallon tall hex tank to a tank thats at least 6' long. Im thinking of a 125gal but maybe yall have better advice for me. The upgraded tank is gonna be a reef tank with a few fish around. Any advice on what size tank and where to buy from would be greatly appreciated.

I got t5 and pc on my 135 n coral does great the pc come on for the hight light part of my day cycle

those LEDs are garbage. only 6500 lumens per fixture.
i'd rather have the halide fixture, but then again, i wouldn't buy either one of those because they aren't name brands and they aren't UL listed.
if you are looking to save a few bucks, look into used equipment.

So what light fixture would you recommend for a 6' tank?

Back
Top Bottom