Upping danio school/quarantine question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pugmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, added danios and neon tetras (tank empty before) to my 29g main tank a few weeks ago and lost some off the bat due to ich/possibly something else.

I am down to 5 neons and 2 zebra danios/1 glofish.

The danios/glofish are not bothering the neons at all, but I am guessing I should up the school back to 6 ish?

since they should really be in a 20 g tank, will they be ok (only 3 danios) for a couple weeks in a 10 gallon qt tank? If the existing danios are not showing aggression now, should I worry about upping the school or can I get some other fish?

If neither fish are showing any aggression or stress, don't worry about having to up their schools right away. Give them a full month to adjust and then add some more neons and another danio or two.

What you can do is get the new fish and use the 10gal to QT them for about a month. By then your current guys have adjusted more, and new stock will have been QT'd ... you can easily do 5 more neons ... Or even cardinal tetras ( they'll school with neons) and a couple of danios.

Back
Top Bottom