Uprooting problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Space

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my tank I have cardinal plant and its fine and dandy except it keeps getting uprooted from the current in my tank. Its not a massive problem because I dont have a ton of it, but Im getting tired of having to replant it every time I do my weekly water changes.

I'm guessing part of my problem is my sand substrate which I assume isnt the best foothold for the plants but Im not 100% sure.

Does anyone have tips for keeping this plant down?

In my tank I have cardinal plant and its fine and dandy except it keeps getting uprooted from the current in my tank. Its not a massive problem because I dont have a ton of it, but Im getting tired of having to replant it every time I do my weekly water changes.

I'm guessing part of my problem is my sand substrate which I assume isnt the best foothold for the plants but Im not 100% sure.

Does anyone have tips for keeping this plant down?

Tie the bottom to a small sheet of stainless or plastic mesh and bury it under the substrate :) or you can use 2 toothpicks to anchor it in untill it sprouts roots :)

Back
Top Bottom