UPS vs. FedEx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeathB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I sure wish it was FedEx delivering my new lights today. UPS doesn't get out my way till late afternoon/early evening...

Anyone else have their preferences?

I like UPS better. We always seem to miss any package delivered by FedEx (excluding my iTouch, a year and a half ago). UPS, it usually gets delivered whenever someone is home lol.

I like UPS... they are constantly delivering packages next door (at least every other day) so I feel like UPS will get it to me more timely since they're always right here anyway! not sure if i'm right but, eh. i like UPS's trucks better, too. did you know they are white on top? at least that's what i was told by an employee/classmate. not like it matters or anyone cares... just saying...

i live and work in NYC.... UPS, FedEx, DHL, even USPS.... never an issue. i also have them delivered to my office, there is ALWAYS someone here!

FEDEX FEDEX FEDEX!!!!!

UPS SUCKS!

More often than not, UPS screws up somehow. Usually they claim they came by, and that I wasnt there. This usually happens on FRIDAY and I am stuck waiting till MONDAY. I am home and sit around like an idiot watching the window, avoiding shower and whatnot. I sacrafice the entire day and live like a nut.

Other times UPS just reschedules for no reason. This too is on a Friday, thus making me wait for monday.

Fedex is QUICK! I had my corals arrive before 9am today after being shipped from Texas yesterday. THATS FAST! Fedex always does what they say they are going to do. I am sure that eventually I will be upset by them, but hasnt happend yet!

Matt

Well, I always make the note when I order something that if someone isn't here to leave it at the door.

The problem is that they never came by, they just claim they did. ;-)
They are jerks really. Should be fired for that. Especially when you pay EXTRA for 2 day shipping and they pull that crap making it wind up as 5 day shipping. (Wasted the extra money).

UPS is crap in my opinion. Sadly, most places force you to use UPS as they have shipping discounts for high volume accounts.

Matt

i'm sure if you called and complained they'd refund you what you paid for shipping (either UPS or wherever you bought it from.) that's what i would do. i'm a big caller and complainer.

I'll use either, but FedEx is a point ahead in my book. I had an AC70 delivered by UPS that came in about a million pieces. I think the original shipping box had been run over and the filter had been placed in a new box because the label had been torn off another box and taped in place. Both UPS's and FedEx's tracking systems are far superior to USPS.

Ups all the way here never an issue and always here nice and early. Dislike Fedex ordered lights and were shipped fedex, 1st delivery fixture great but both bulbs were broken,took 3 trys for them to get me bulbs that werent broken.

Everything I order comes by "Canoe" so it really dosen't matter. A lot of my packages get handed over from UPS for final delivery by USPS.

UPS, our driver is here by noon. Then I get an email from my fiance that whatever I ordered is here. Down side, I don't get home until 3:20, so gotta wait alllllllll day!

Both UPS's and FedEx's tracking systems are far superior to USPS.
thats not 100% true..... since usps only has a delivery confirmation number. they dont claim it to be a tracking number like ups and fedex. just say they will scan it once its dropped off.

personally i like usps to ship with since they are far cheaper in most cases. i think fedex does better with over night stuff and ups does better on the heavy ground stuff. i think usps now contracts with fedex to get their express mail packages out on time though. i could be wrong.

I actually like USPS instead of either of those, because I can have them leave it on my doorstep if I am not home. It's a PITA to have to go pick stuff up at the post office.

Never had a problem with either so i like them both. Even so.. i have received way more packages in tact and on time from UPS.. so i guess if i HAD to choose it would be UPS.

I worked for UPS and every package was delivered at the same time every single day (except holidays when it's SUPER busy). The only downside, or upside, to UPS is that they WILL NOT leave a package at an apartment door, they will leave a note so no one steals it, and you can use that note to mark the box for them to leave it at the apt office. FedEx will leave a package anywhere.
As for USPS, I sent snails to FL over the X-Mas holiday, and they were there in 2 days. I sent more to FL a month or so ago, and it took 5 days, so I am not sure what happened. Also, I paid for tracking, but the number never worked online, so essentially I paid for a piece of paper that said I had a tracking number.

Verify delivery with Delivery Confirmation. Our low cost Delivery Confirmation service gives you the date, ZIP Code™ and time your article was delivered. If delivery was attempted you will get the date and time of attempted delivery.
I sent snails to FL over the X-Mas holiday, and they were there in 2 days. I sent more to FL a month or so ago, and it took 5 days, so I am not sure what happened. Also, I paid for tracking, but the number never worked online, so essentially I paid for a piece of paper that said I had a tracking number.
i have had packages go 2 hours away and take 6 days. priority mail just says most packages will get there with in 2-3 days. it isnt lost until 12 days after you send it. again its not a tracking number like ups and fedex. all it says it they will scan it when they drop it off. i have had many packages where i have heard they got the package yet still not shown up online yet. some times it takes time to update.... some times they will scan it several places....

I prefer FedEx. Have not had much luck with UPS over the years. More things were broken, missing or just beat up. My FedEx driver seems nicer also. He will wrap the package in a plastic bag if it looks like it might rain.

I tend to get boxes battered by UPS while Fedex doesn't always deliver on time. Both companies treat their packages horribly (usually tossing them about) so now I send all my packages out via a magical pink unicorn that sprouts wings when you huggle it :)

Back
Top Bottom