urgent breeding info required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi ppl i have a fat platy and two guppies they are very big especially the platy (they are pregnant) no idea how long for i cheated and bought them pregnant.

When do i put the mothers in a breeder trap, i already have the platy in their shall i take it out?

How long can keep a mother in a trap, i dont want it to die from strees, please help

Thanks

What's the other stocking? If thats it, no need for a breeding trap. They'll be fine in the main... If you have other fish... Move them in now. Are you sure they're prego?

I do have other fish that will eat the fry, yes they are pregnant and the platy is really heavy followed by a guppy also but imo not as heavy as the platy, they are very round and have a dsrk spot. The platy is in the trap is this ok? For how long though?

Leave the platy in until she drops. They're all livebearers so you can just take the moms out 24 hours after they drop fry. But since they'll drop at different times... You need another breeding trap.

You should also see that she doesnt freak out when in the breeding trap, the female I had went crazy when I put her in one. No sooner I had taken her out again...few days later she popped...managed to save 12 or so, kept 3 and gave the pet store and my kids kindergarten the rest. Last night had another batch of babies and have that in the aquahome...and even have some now hiding in the Java moss.

Back
Top Bottom