URGENT Found fish dead!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jmedic25 said:
I know i had to clean my filters every day because my pleco would mess with the moss ball. Then I had a skyrocked in nitrates...lost 3 fish and finally pulled the moss ball out. This was in my tropical 36.

Man and I had NINE miss balls!!

Yeah....I dont think that is what killed your fish...but they would have caused you problems down the line.

Looking at the pic, the fish's jaw was open. This could be a sign that it had been fighting before death and sustained an injury to the jaw. It's eye also looks a bit messed up, this could be popeye.

Just my two cents.

QP

QuietPlotter said:
Looking at the pic, the fish's jaw was open. This could be a sign that it had been fighting before death and sustained an injury to the jaw. It's eye also looks a bit messed up, this could be popeye.

Just my two cents.

QP

What should I do? Should I start to worry? Pop eye?

Jmedic25 said:
I think that tanks need a small, managed amount of neglect to be heathy...Just let it be....Your doing everything right

I totally agree. Its like letting your kids play in the dirt. :)

No need to panic. He was probably lower in the pecking order and got picked on resulting in less food. Therefore a weaker fish more susceptible to disease than the others. It happens.

Ok will do. I'll let it be. We know the water conditions are good. I just stress. Time to relax and enjoy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stay on topic. There is a chat room for chatting. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom