Urgent help needed please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393714160.390310.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393714175.764563.jpg

I have a female guppy who has ballooned in size over the past week. We thought she was pregnant but couldn't spot any black dots near the back. Then over the past 3 days her scales have become jagged and spiked, a bit like a porcupine. She's not eating and is almost immobile. Just laying at the bottom of the tank. We've had her since beginning of January.
She has Tetra PRO Colour tropical fish flakes and hashed blood worms once.

Water level:
High PH: 7.4
Ammonia: .25ppm
Nitrate: No2 :: 0ppm
Nitrate: No3 :: 0ppm

Tank is 90litres.
We've had the tank in full use since December.

Filter is Aqua Flow 200 x2

Mixture of fish. Including guppies, plecs and plattys. (About 20)

We did a full tank vacuum and ornament clean including 50% water change.

Perform water changes until the ammonia readings are 0 as all your fish are in danger. Your fish has dropsy which in most cases is incurable. When the scales puff out like that there is already massive damage to internal organs. Perform daily water changes as your tank is still cycling. Test your water every day to see when the parameters are ideal at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and 10-20 nitrate.

This looks like dropsy to me which in its later stages shows as spiked or porcupine scales and ballooning. This is a bacterial infection could be brought on by stress. the belly fills with fluids and becomes swollen, internal organs are damaged, and ultimately the fish will die. You can google dropsy to get A better understanding. I recently had a guppy develop a prolapse which led to dropsy and died.

How did you clean your ornaments as well ? If you scrubbed under tap water you are killing your beneficial bacteria that are part of your tank cycle.

I cleaned the ornaments under the tap ok tks I will Clean the tank water everyday untill it's 0 and I am just changing the water right or a whole clean and do I do 50% tks

Are tks guy but she passes away this moring ???

Back
Top Bottom