Urgent Help Needed!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillMurf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just gravel cleaned and realised i have no neutralizer at all is there an alternative my plants won't survive the low level and my heater won't be fully submerged and i can't get neutralizer till the morning! Please please help!

There isn't an alternative. if your heater is submersible, just lay it in the water or un plug it...

no reason to think your plants will die if they are mostly wet. many plants grow partly emersed in nature

So should i risk it and fill it with tap water or just sit and suffer. I have a resin back drop with java moss and another really fine plant growing on it as well as my miniture water lillies and all of them are above waterline at the moment. Don't mean to winge but it took me a long time to get the plants to take and they are actually growing out of the wall quite well. and i just realised it won't be untill tomorrow afternoon when i get home from working at the LFS.

That doesn't help, I am afraid....if it were just chlorine, then heating up some and aerating it for a few minutes would dissipate most of the chlorine, but if it has chloramines, that would not work.

I may have another option hopefully. Would it work if i got the water out of my guppy breeding tank and put that in? My guppies are all healthy and they should survive a dose of untreated water shouldn't they? It is a pretty well matured tank as well.

I may have another option hopefully. Would it work if i got the water out of my guppy breeding tank and put that in? My guppies are all healthy and they should survive a dose of untreated water shouldn't they? It is a pretty well matured tank as well.

Well, I wouldn't risk the guppies, but you could remove some water from the guppy tank (not so much as to affect the guppies for the next 16 hours or so) and put that in the planted tank to raise the level some.

Thanks I hadn't even thought that i wouldn't need to fill the guppy tank back up! Thank you very much another disaster avoided. Till next time 8O

Back
Top Bottom