Urgent help with my fish, please!! ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devinwfy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
my tank got the ick problem about 5 days before, and the outbreak appeared on the pleco, and now it was dead. My kissing gouramis also have white spots on the fins.
I increased my temperature to 88F for four days (I added one more bubbler to increase the level), and the white spots are still there. What can I do?
Since I have two snails and several plants in my tank, I bought kordon ick attack herbal formula which will not hurt my plants and snails. But so far the white spots are still there, and I did some research on it, and I know the medication only will be effective when the parasites float in the water (there are three or four stages of the parasites life cycle I believe). What can I do for now? Keep the temperature for a few days more? Can I mix other medications like quick cure if I take out the snails and plants?

Thanks in advance!!

Photo of my dead pleco when he was alive

I would honestly move the snails to a seperate bowl and add aquarium salt to the tank. 1 tbsp per 5g. Treat the snail water with the meds for about 2 weeks to be safe and add a small heaters to it. Thats the best bet. Salt is the best way to rid it.

I would honestly move the snails to a seperate bowl and add aquarium salt to the tank. 1 tbsp per 5g. Treat the snail water with the meds for about 2 weeks to be safe and add a small heaters to it. Thats the best bet. Salt is the best way to rid it.

Thanks.
I bought the kordon ich attach today, and applied it in the hospital tank.

Back
Top Bottom