Urgent help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landon_garcia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone my betta has popeye disease. I know i can do a salt treatment. How much salt do i put in and can I just use regular non iodised Kosher salt.

Im also going to do a 100% water change.

Hey everyone my betta has popeye disease. I know i can do a salt treatment. How much salt do i put in and can I just use regular non iodised Kosher salt.

Im also going to do a 100% water change.

Popeye is usually caused by a bacterial infection. Making sure you eliminate the root of the problem is going to help you in the future.

How big is the tank?

How often do you change the water?

What are your water parameters?

What is the temperature of the water?

Keeping these things stable is important. Clean, warm water is always going to be a very important part of keeping the fish healthy.

I am not sure on the kosher salt. Some people have had success treating popeye with 1tsp/gallon with 100% water changes for 3 days, then upping the dose to 2tsp/gallon for 7 days (with 100% water changes). Make sure the salt is fully dissolved in treated tap water before adding.

If this doesn't help, Maracyn Two is what I would recommend. It is easy to find at most pet stores. However, do not use both at the same time.

Good luck!

Ok thank you so much i will be going to the pet store later today. I will pick up some medicine for her! Shes swimming fine and she seems happy.

I actually just did a 50% water change and added ATM Paradigm and ATM Water Conditioner. I also got two more female bettas yesterday!!

Back
Top Bottom