Urgent water advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe-turbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently noticed my black moor getting bloated, have just posted in the sick fish section. I have just done a water test and have the following results. Please advise what I should do. (I have just done a 50% water change)

Using master test kit shows

Ph = 8.0

Ammonia = 0 - 0.25

Nitrite = 0

nitrate = 5-10

Thanks

Might be constipated? Have you noticed him pooing? Shelled peas are good and then a 2 day fast sorted my guppies out. Keep an eye on that ph too, 8.0 is top end of tolerance for them. X

Messing with your pH is a slippery slope to climb and can potentially result in disaster. Is this pH reading of 8.0 right after you did the water change or 24 hours later?

For most fish, a consistent PH is more important "correct" PH. if your tap water is at 8.0, then using chemicals will be a constant thing every time you do your water changes. IMHO, just try and keep it constant, and don't adjust it.

For most fish, a consistent PH is more important "correct" PH. if your tap water is at 8.0, then using chemicals will be a constant thing every time you do your water changes. IMHO, just try and keep it constant, and don't adjust it.

I definitely agree with this- my tap has a pH of 8.2..but I haven't had any problems with the fish. consistency is key!

All the readings above are from the tank (which had water change about a week ago. I have filled a glass with tap water this morn and will test it after 24hours

I was morn concerned of the ammonia an nitrate levels, seem to be the same as when I first started testing the water ?

Back
Top Bottom