Used wrong kind of ammonia, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only you can make the determination on how to proceed. But the other thread sounds' like many people make the mistake and can rinse and recover. Dilution is a big factor in fish keeping.

If you just started cycling, I would remove everything and rinse really well and restart. Not much lost, in re rinsing everything until you can't see or smell anything.

If I had to do this I would use a few feeder shrimp after getting things back up and running - NO ammonia added - for a couple days to see if there was a deadly effect.

Since they are sensitive to toxins, soap, probably surfactants.....if they live for a few days then you are probably good to go. Temp match the water and acclimate them as well going into the new tank.

The shrimp, if they live, can live in a big container /vase /Jug with some moss and plants and some wood or what have you. Very minimal feeding and plenty of pwc. And then you can continue the ammonia in the tank and fishless cycle it.

Back
Top Bottom