Using aqadvisor for stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been told about this aqadvisor a few times and it's been highly rated by people but how good is it in terms of trusting what it says. I have a 12 gallon planted tank with 3 corys (3 died) and 6 copper rasbora. The aqadvisor tells me I can put a dwarf gourami and 5 c pearl danio, as much as I like the sound of that it seems slightly close to overstocking ? Any thoughts? Also any advice on other fish I could have would be great

I think it would be fine.

I kept a 10g tank with a betta, 6 cory cats, and 6 cardinal tetras. I had to keep an eye on water parameters, but there were no complications with it.

When I first got the tank I did kinda go fish mad as you do and it seemed fine but I know there's a lot of mixed opinions out there and i wanted to make sure. Thanks !

I'd say it's a nice standard for beginners to go by. As you are in the hobby longer you "just know" based on looking at the tank and knowing the stock how much is fully stocked.

Caleb

I think it would be fine.

I kept a 10g tank with a betta, 6 cory cats, and 6 cardinal tetras. I had to keep an eye on water parameters, but there were no complications with it.

Also do you have any advice on stocking my 5g with 1 type of fish? I've had betta and they don't work well with the filter system and its to expensive to replace system

Also do you have any advice on stocking my 5g with 1 type of fish? I've had betta and they don't work well with the filter system and its to expensive to replace system

ADF would work well.

Caleb

I recently got back into the hobby after 40 year layoff. I used aquadvisor as guidelines and so far what they suggest has worked out nicely. I am hoping their water change recommendations will keep my nitrate levels low enough. So far so good but the tank is still relatively new. Just finished cycling 3 weeks ago.

By adf do you mean the frogs ? I thought about frogs. But my missus was worried that they would climb out and the lid has a gap in it for the filter

Na ADF are bottom dwellers they only go up for air

Caleb

Ok that sounds
Good. I think il go for some frogs try something new ! Thanks

ADF like groups and lots of hiding places. Sand or fine gravel is preferable as they lay and move on their bellies. Most love bloodworms but can be trained to accept pellets. Spot feeding them directly is best as they are poor hunters at finding the food

Caleb

ADF like groups and lots of hiding places. Sand or fine gravel is preferable as they lay and move on their bellies. Most love bloodworms but can be trained to accept pellets. Spot feeding them directly is best as they are poor hunters at finding the food

Caleb

And they would be ok in a 5g ? How many would you recommend

Back
Top Bottom