Using DIY CO2 system, dont know where to put my diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armando17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,
im using diy co2 on my 45 gallon tall planted tank. I currently have my co2 diffuser right under my java fern, kind of in the middle, as well as my aquaclear filter is in the middle of my tank. Im not sure if I should move it from under my java fern to another location or leave. would appreciate any advice thanks

also co2 bubbles form under the leaves of my java fern then float up once they get to big,

Attachments

• 20140320_155815.jpg
    20140320_155815.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20140320_155826.jpg
    20140320_155826.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 69
Put the diffusor where the bubbles get sucked into the intake of your filter. The impellor will chop and blend them into the water even more and the outflow of the filter will spread it throughout the tank. I have pressurized CO2 and I still do it this way. OS.

Put the diffusor where the bubbles get sucked into the intake of your filter. The impellor will chop and blend them into the water even more and the outflow of the filter will spread it throughout the tank. I have pressurized CO2 and I still do it this way. OS.

Thanks!!!! ill definitely do that right now!!!!

Maybe multiple bottles on 2 separate difusers?
How do you check how much CO2 you are inyecting? Drop checker?

Maybe multiple bottles on 2 separate difusers?
How do you check how much CO2 you are inyecting? Drop checker?

I think it would be cheaper and more effective in the long run if OP just went out and got a co2 system. You can get a drop checker on ebay or amazon for pretty cheap.

More effective definately, but I dont know about cheaper, maybe with a second hand one. I'm running a DIY on a 10 gal right now and it is going great. Have tried it before on a 29 gal and did not get even 50% of the results I'm getting in the 10 gal.

Maybe someone has more experience with DIY CO2 and big tanks. I have a friend who brews his own beer in a 5 gal jug, maybe that would work.

If he was running a lot of 2 liters the sugar and yeast would get expensive over time.

Back
Top Bottom