Using Grapewood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never noticed any on my Malaysian, that's odd. Even if the white algae is normal, the breaking apart of the wood is definitely a bad thing. After a few weeks of soaking, and then a week in the tank you could break the whole thing apart, easily, with a little pressure and your fingernails.

It was like a million termites went to town on it. Malaysian sinks faster and looks better (I think), I'd steer clear of grape.

grapewood

Roger well put,after a couple weeks the mold/slime does not come back.We sold some wood to the Tropicanna in Vegas over 8 years ago and the wood is just fine.I had a nice pc in my tank and it was just as nice 5 years later.Its actually a vine,so there are no slivers and the fish the nibble on it or clean it love it.Capital aquarium in Sac Cal had a pc in for several years.Thank You

grapewood

Give me a couple of weeks and we will be posting pics.Also any societies or clubs that want a peice donated for door prize or research please send an email with request Happy New Years
grapewoodguy

Ok meegosh the sales rep offer is of the table ha ha.seriously.If you look on the packaging and how to set up a eclipse tank by marineland most of the wood is grapewood in pix I know this because there chief marine biologist got the wood from me.Sure the wood is not as hard as malayasion wood but will last years.
thegrapewoodguy

Ok meegosh the sales rep offer is of the table ha ha.seriously.If you look on the packaging and how to set up a eclipse tank by marineland most of the wood is grapewood in pix I know this because there chief marine biologist got the wood from me.Sure the wood is not as hard as malayasion wood but will last years.
thegrapewoodguy

I'm not trying to start an argument, simply stating what I've found out over the years. Since I had problems with the grapewood rotting and actually breaking apart in my tank, I thought I would share my experiences. :) At ease, soldier.

grapewood

I'm not trying to start an argument, simply stating what I've found out over the years. Since I had problems with the grapewood rotting and actually breaking apart in my tank, I thought I would share my experiences. :) At ease, soldier.
No Worrie meegosh,everybody has a right to their opinion but if you would have been patient and do what Roger said in an earlier post the slime(protein) would have stopped .if you would like I will send you a piece to try in your tank, if you like it and it works well for you send some pix and pay for the postage.Thank You gary send an email glcampbell@clearwire.net

Back
Top Bottom