Using LED light strips for low tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone seen information about 5050 LED light strips supporting low light plant growth? I've just recently seen packages on eBay for these led and it looks like I could create a small canopy style top and fill it with as many strips as possible. Mainly just can't see any info about plant life support/ par info/ lumen output.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=400732835736

Any links to previous threads or personal info would be awesome! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't see why they wouldn't support low light plants assuming you used a decent number of them.

Any lights that appear to be white to yellowish will have an appropriate spectrum for plants. From there it's just getting a decent level of par down to them which is something you will have to play with.

I think another AA member tried this. Cannot remember who at the moment and what results were obtained. Will chime in when I get that info.

I suppose with enough lights it would.

Though if you are buying multiple lights...

You could just get a Finnex Stingray. It supports all low light plants.

Caleb

I suppose with enough lights it would.

Though if you are buying multiple lights...

You could just get a Finnex Stingray. It supports all low light plants.

Caleb

That is a really nice setup and I am wanting to light a 5.5 gallon... I'll probably go this route, still want to know of any success with the lights in question. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom