Using prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anybody used seachem prime before if so is it any good?

It is great. It doesn't smell very good but that is the only bad thing I can say about it. It is a very cost effective option also because only one teaspoon of prime treats 50 gallons of tap water.

How do I go about adding when water changing then as I am using tetra aqua safe currently. Do I just use the prime next time? And no water safe?

Also my tank is 95L so when water changing shall I just do 2.5 ml and do I add this straight to tank or to water in bucket?

And that is all?!

Do I need to let the bucket settle or can I put it straight in?

Ok. Just used to using aqua safe which requires more.

Side question..
If you were using API Stress Coat and Zyme for a while and chose to switch to Prime, would you use the API Zyme to go with the Prime? Is Prime just used alone?

Prime can be used just alone. And remember, Prime is a dechlorinator also so it is unnecessary to use prime if you are already using a dechlorinator.

Just did my normal water change. 25 - 30% then used stress zyme, nitrate minus and used seachem prime instead of aqua safe and now 2 cardinal tetras don't look well

Ld123 said:
Just did my normal water change. 25 - 30% then used stress zyme, nitrate minus and used seachem prime instead of aqua safe and now 2 cardinal tetras don't look well

You're using too many things at once. All you need is prime. Why do you use nitrate remover? That's what pwcs are for lol!

Would it be ok to use the stress zyme and prime?

Ld123 said:
Would it be ok to use the stress zyme and prime?

If your going to go with Prime IMO that's all you need. The less chemicals the better. Keep it clean. Prime during water changes and call it a day.

I guess I'm just a little shocked by the tiny amount of prime that's needed

It just requires a lot less than aqua safe!

Back
Top Bottom