Using prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ld123 said:
Does it act straight away

When doing your water change, just add to tank while filling it up. I have a 75g and use the python. I just add directly to tank. Just enjoy the benefits of Prime.

Remember though. It doesn't take the place of water changes. It just turns ammonia and nitrites etc into a less toxic form. You still your PWC's

Prime acts instantly, just give it a quick stir and add - it can also be used at 4 times the dose to denitrify. I use 0.4 ml for my size of bucket, tiny amount - seriously cannot go wrong, the only reason my LFS does not sell it is that it is to economical, they want you coming back for more aqua safe every few weeks. Agree with another quote, you shouldnt need the nitrate down or stress zyme unless something is out of whack in the tank, prime plus water is all you need.

Yes, half the cap - hard to believe when you change from other brands, but prime is that good. Saves me a fortune on my 240 litre, so far ahead of its competition its staggering. I've switched to Seachem for all my stuff and have not looked back, Purigen is also an amazing product if you want crystal clear water and I use paraguard when adding new fish, or if they get sick - which thankfully has not happened in a long time. I also have some Kanaplex on standby I got from the good old USA as we can't get antibiotics in the UK without seeing a vet then waiting 2 weeks on the meds by which time the fish is dead.

ParaGuard™ is the only fish and filter safe aldehyde based (10% by weight) parasite control product available. Unlike highly toxic and difficult to use formalin based medications, ParaGuard™ contains no formaldehyde or methanol and will not alter pH. ParaGuard™ employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green, and fish protective polymers that effectively and efficiently eradicates many ectoparasites on fish (e.g. ich, etc.) and external fungal/bacterial/viral lesions (e.g., fin rot). It is particularly useful in hospital and receiving tanks for new fish and whenever new fish are introduced to a community tank. For use in freshwater or marine.

Can u buy that in the uk? I seem to be losing my cardinal tetras. Lost 3 in 3 days? All other fish seem ok

Yes, I live in the UK and get very easily. Not many shops sell it as its way to econimical - they want you back for the crappy stuff every few weeks. eBay used to be a good source but Seachem threatened sellers with legal action recently due to selling it cheaper than there UK retail partners and you can only get it occassionally on there. Warehouse Aquatics or Charterhouse Aquatics are 2 very good online stores, you will have to pay postage but will save a small fortune in the long run using prime.

Yes I have found prime to be a lot cheaper

Back
Top Bottom