Utterly terrible test results in the matter of 1 week! Please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully lessons learned should be, (1) this is not a quick gratification hobby. Even after your tank cycles (4-6 wks), it is not ready for fish, after it is FULLY cycled, you can start with a clean up crew, a few weeks later, after a single fish, (2) only buy fish that your tanks can support, a 75 is too small for a tang, (3) tap water has no place in a reef tank, prime only removes the chlorine, not the copper, the arsenic, the pesticides, lead, ect. Get all living creatures out of the ammonia and slow down and get rid of the tap water, your setting yourself up for failure. This is a expensive hobby and very few are successful taking short cuts.

I went and looked at other threads you started and don't see any with anyone here thinking you were cycled, but You said you had about 30-40% live rock and that you thought it had cycled in like a week and added the Yellow Tang.

I agree with everyone about getting the Tang and crab out. Then just let the tank sit and hopefully get rid of the ammonia naturally by cycling.

I suspect that either that kit is not good or possibly you are not testing correctly. Some of those numbers are really, really high, especially for only having one fish . Seems like with numbers like that, the crab would already be dead and the Tang probably should be as well.

Have you done any water changes since adding the Tang? How much and how often are you feeding?

Back
Top Bottom