UV light help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was searching for an affordable UV light on internet and came across this uv light. this light is a simple type. Does anyone have any advice on how do i place the light in tank.
I cannot place this light in my DIY canister filter as its too long. I know that UV light is dangerous to the fish and plants if thy are directly exposed to it. do i have to cover the light with something. check the link below
:thanks:

BOYU UV-10W Aquarium UV Sterilizer Submersible X-Ray UV Light - US$21.99

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 96
I want to control algae as it is increasing now. so i wanted to place the light in the tank near the outlet of the filter,where the water is flowing and it will be exposed to the UV light.
now this UV light if exposed to the fish will be dangerous i suppose. so can i put it inside a tube. any thoughts on this please.

I want to control algae as it is increasing now. so i wanted to place the light in the tank near the outlet of the filter,where the water is flowing and it will be exposed to the UV light.
now this UV light if exposed to the fish will be dangerous i suppose. so can i put it inside a tube. any thoughts on this please.

First, the only algae that a UV sterilizer will help with is green water.

greenwater.jpg

Algae is indicative of problems within your aquarium that can be solved with a proper balance of photoperiod, and in the case of planted tanks - proper ferts and carbon supplementation.

So if you would like help with your carbon problem answering these questions will go a long way towards figuring out the basic issue:
1 - What type of algae is it?
2 - What light fixture do you have?
3 - How long do you leave your lights on daily?
4 - Is this a planted tank
If yes to 4:
5 - What fertilizers do you use?
6 - What carbon supplementation do you use.

Finally, to answer your question you can use PVC connected to a water pump. Just get creative with this.

Back
Top Bottom