UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
Do you have a multievent timer that can maybe turn the lights off for a 1 our or 2 during the early afternoon? I have mine turn off for a hour and a half from 1:00 PM until 2:30 pm. This is what I call "cloud" time. Remeber in nature the sun is not always shinning all day long. This helps the fish relax and also helps disrupt the algae growth cycle.

So my lighting schedule is
Lights on from 6:45 am until 1:00 PM
Lights off from 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM
Lights on from 2:30 PM until 5:00 PM

Everything works great and the fish seem happy and the algae is almost non existent in the tank due to eveything (i.e. not over feeding, algae eating fish, cleanup crew, good biological filtration, uv sterilizer and proper lighting schedule)

I have a timer that can do that. I'll definitely give it a shot!!

FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
Hope eveything gets better for you.

Thank you!! I ended up purchasing a UV online. Im waiting for it to arrive now. I know that'll probably do the trick due to the success rate for a green algae bloom like I have. I will update you all when I have some progress!

Well I just received the green killing machine in the mail! Already installed!! Pictures of progress to follow :)

image-3502706396.jpg

Day 1!

Attachments

• image-208510335.jpg
    image-208510335.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 64
pamelarowley57 said:
Good Luck! I look forward to seeing your progress. I plan to invest in one eventually.

I am starting the see the back of the tank already! I will post daily photos until i get crystal clear water. So far this thing is amazing. I hear the bulbs do not last too long but they sell replacement bulbs at petsmart for 20 bucks, I'm not too worried :)

image-2696729177.jpg

Day two. So far it has been running for almost 24 hours and there is a noticeable change but nothing drastic. The reviews I've read said it should be crystal clear in roughly three days. Another picture to follow tomorrow!! Hope y'all enjoy!

What is that behind your tank? My son saw your last pic and said it looks like a big monster peeking up from behind your tank.

Edit: Ah, never mind, it's Christmas decorations. LOL

blert said:
What is that behind your tank? My son saw your last pic and said it looks like a big monster peeking up from behind your tank.

Edit: Ah, never mind, it's Christmas decorations. LOL

Haha! Yeah it's the only decoration I forgot to take down! Oops. Gotta remember to do that when I get home!

End of day three! I saw a MAJOR difference from this morning to tonight.

image-2108746761.jpg

Looking good. Are we sure effects are from uv and not.other corrections.

joejeff said:
Looking good. Are we sure effects are from uv and not.other corrections.

I know for a fact they are. I have not done one thing to the tank. Since I've put the uv in there. Lighting schedule the same and everything :)

It looks awesome! I'm actually surprised its taken this long, mine cleared up within 24 hours.

Lady_Alia said:
It looks awesome! I'm actually surprised its taken this long, mine cleared up within 24 hours.

I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at the reviews about people said it only took a few days or so. Although mine was REALLY bad so that could have been it.

Back
Top Bottom