Vacation, Woohoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the first phase of our vaca is set. We have purchased tickettes to the baltimore aquarium for 930 am aug 16th. then it's two nights three days at colonial Williamsburg. Now I need some advice again. It's a toss up between Buch Gardens, or Epcot. wich do y'all think is more adult related? I was thinking epcot. :mrgreen:

thanks for all the suggestions so far.

You're going to love the Baltimore Aquarium, it's great.

Epcot is definitely more adult-oriented, but I love Busch Gardens. Especially if you like roller-coasters, they've got some awesome ones. There's also Animal Kingdom at Disney, though I've never been there so I can't advise.

What kinds of things were you looking to do? I could give you better advice if I knew how you wanted to spend your time here. :D

well I moved the vaca back a day earlier to include a day at Gettysbug, on the way to the aquarium, then to Williamsburg. So the first 4 days will be mostly historical in nature. then I was thinking of a 1 day sprint to Orlando, FL. I think iI can make it in a day. Then maybe We can do three days there and see Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Seaworld. Probibly won't make it to the Key's, but would like to spend a day or so at a hotel on the beach. Fort Lauderdale, or St Petersburg maybe.

Granted I was there the first week they opened years and years ago, but Animal Kingdom sucked. We barely saw any animals, and we even did the safari twice!

Maybe things have changed by now, but just thought I'd warn you. Might try to find some recent review online or something. And if they give dates, try to match it up to about the time of year that you will be going.

I went in the summer just so you know.

-brent

Ft. Lauderdale and Sanibel are both about 4 to 5 hour drives from Orlando. Sanibel is really nice, like TankGirl said. BTW, if you do go to Ft. Lauderdale, the Keys aren't that much farther, you might as well go for it. But I wouldn't recommend Ft. Lauderdale. The traffic is awful in that area, and there are lots of nicer beach towns to go to.

Here are some good web sites to check out hotels on different beaches, along with things to do, restaurants, and all that:

http://www.beachdirectory.com/index2.html
http://www.flausa.com/
http://www.goflorida.com/DF/owa/df_homepage

Anna Maria Island on the Gulf coast is another really lovely spot, and it's not as far as Sanibel. It's the same location as Bradenton Beach, and it's about a 2.5 hour drive from Orlando. 8)

The traffic is AWFUL in ft lauderdale (like you said) and it's also 95% people over 70. Which is probably why the traffic is awful. hah. I used to go there every single winter.

-brent

Yeah my dad has to work around the state (florida) , he does a lot of work over in fort Laud. He is usualy gone mo.-fri. but he usualy doesn't make it home friday night because the traffic is always a big jam in fort. Laud. An reefraff stop at the Wreck it is a great restruant. It is a key or 2 past Ilamorado. Get the Bigass primerib or a 1/2 lb. wreck burger. They are delicious. If you go there get the shirt that says I got wrecked at the wreck :drinking:

Well at aproxx noon tomorrow we will be starting our two week trip down the east cost to florida with stopovers in Gettysburg PA, Balltimore MD, Col Williamsburg VA, Savanna GA, Orlando FL, And Marco Island FL, before returning North. Hopefully, First and formost, everyone is ok in FL. Secondly I hope things are back to normal when I get there on the 19th LOL.

All the hotels have broadband, so I’ll be checking mail still.

Asta Lavista. BABY!

Have a great time. Nice to get out of Cleveland and enjoy a little summer. :roll:
When you get to Marco Island, head out on alligator alley. plenty of places to do the airboat ride. Lots of fun. :) Also, if you have gone that far, go down and check out the Keys, great place to go diving and see some tropicals. If you don't dive there is some excellent snorkeling. Also in Islamorada, go see the Theatre of the Sea, great place. Like a mini Sea World, but better.
Where at in Cleveland?

Brunswick here. My store is on the west side Puritas and 139th.
Have great time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom