Vacuuming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon freshwater tank.
Is there a gravel vacuum you can buy that has some sort of easy on/off switch?
When my bucket gets full I have to stop the siphon, then empty bucket in the bathroom, and then re-start the siphon again for more vacuuming. It would be much easier if i could just temporarily stop the syphon while I empty the bucket.

Another question - when I vacuum the gravol it empties too much water from the tank.

Any help you can offer would be great.
Thank you.

You could look into the Python No Spill Clean & Fill Gravel Cleaner. It hooks up to your faucet and creates suction to vacuum the gravel and then dumps the water directly into the sink. you can reverse the attachment on the faucet to place water directly back into the tank...just make sure that you put Prime or some de-chlorinator in the tank first before injecting the tap water into the tank through the Python unit..

Tank Vacuuming

Hello abs...

You just need another bucket or two. Get a couple and place them right next to the one you're filling. When one gets half full or so, move the hose to one of the empty ones.

You don't need to vacuum the bottom material. The organic material that collects on the bottom will dissolve in the tank water. Just remove and replace half the water every week and the fish and plants will be fine.

B

I do what BB. Just said. I keep several buckets lined up. I have cats so the cat litter containers come in handy for dirty water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom