Vacuuming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I sat up my 60 gallon with lots of plants, caves and rock formations. It is 48" long but only 13" wide. So has made for a snug fit, but my fish seem to really love it. The problem I'm having,, a tough time doing a weekly vac because the end of the vacuum is your typical big round thing. If only there was a end like you have for a house vac with that flat narrow end to get into those tight spaces! :)
It would be REALLY time consuming to have to remove all this every week.
Anyone have a suggestion??? :brows:

Cher...

The organic material that builds up on the bottom of the tank is constantly dissolving and replacing minerals and nutrients the fish, plants and bacteria need for good health. You don't need to vacuum, just remove and replace most of the tank water weekly. The water change removes excess minerals and nutrients, and keeps the water balanced.

So, you can skip the vacuuming and just use the siphon to remove the tank water.

B

I have a gravel vacuum that tapers down into a narrow space on the end. It's quite nice. Maybe you could find one.

Cher...

The organic material that builds up on the bottom of the tank is constantly dissolving and replacing minerals and nutrients the fish, plants and bacteria need for good health. You don't need to vacuum, just remove and replace most of the tank water weekly. The water change removes excess minerals and nutrients, and keeps the water balanced.

So, you can skip the vacuuming and just use the siphon to remove the tank water.

B
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom