Valonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few times that IO had it I would draw it out with the PWC water. You`ll need to test for excessive nutrients and find the source. If you have a bunch on a rock then I would take the rock out and scrub it in a bucket of old SW from your tank and then replace the rock back into the tank. I`m not much at telling people to get animals to take care of the problem as I think that is a bandaid solution but I have had good results with emerald crabs eating that stuff. JMO

I have heard of the emerald crab trick too but am also leary of getting a critter to fix the problem...mine are spread all over the place, not just on one rock, they also seem to like the feather duster tubes!

Are there any other incompatibility issues with emerald crabs that I should know about should I decide to get one?

The bubble algae in my tank was always easy to control and pretty slow growing, so manual removal worked best for me. I assume you've tested for nitrates and PO4 right? Maybe something is a little high?

Back
Top Bottom