Veggie ideas for my goldies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I feed my goldfish peas, brocolli and asparagus. But I would like to give them more variety what other veg do they like. My goldfish turned their nose up at par boiled carrot. And didn't seem so keen on the asparagus last time I feed them it. They love peas tho.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Duckweed and Anacharis work well if you want some plants in the tank. Goldies love the stuff. I believe they also like cucumber and romaine lettuce. Don't feed iceberg because it has no nutritional value.

I have never had live plants I worry they will bring snails and bacteria into my established tank.

You can also feed a slice of orange. It's messy so only feed that on the day you're going to be doing a water change.

Romaine, Spinach, etc...

Repashy gel foods are fab.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the sugestions I'll try them out

Wow I never knew about the orange! I'll have to give that a try. Mine seem to like cucumber and sometimes zucchini that I blanch first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My Goldies didn't eat any fresh spinach I put in. And only mildly nibbled at the romaine lettuce I tried.

You can leave it in for 24 hours to soften up or freeze it first to make it softer. Using a clip or safe weight to hold the food helps also.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard you can feed fruits as well what types work?

BTW I left the romaine lettuce in for a longer period b of time 4hrs whilst I was at work. All gone when I got home :)

You could feed them oranges. Grapes.lettuce.bananas.peas.carrots.

And a lot more expect meat. Also if you do carrots make sure you boil them to make them soft for the Goldie's to eat?. Good luck ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My Goldies didn't eat any fresh spinach I put in. And only mildly nibbled at the romaine lettuce I tried.

I blanch everything I serve to my fish, if not boiled and then frozen. Seems to make everything softer for them to eat. I use a seaweed clip to hold veggies in place, and makes it easy to track how much is getting eaten. I leave it in until it's gone(1-3 days), but I'm only feeding zucchini and broccoli to a very understocked tank so nitrates aren't a concern for me.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom