Very nervous about my African cichlid :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillyfan33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I'm starting to become nervous about one of my African cichlids. It is red/orange zebra and all has been well for almost a month of having her but she just started pooping clear feces that is very stringy. Her eyes also have became bulgy and just has weird anxiety type of attacks. Is not very active on feeding and just seems frigid a lot. My other fish do fine so I know she is sick I just don't know what to do:( please help anyone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all

I'm starting to become nervous about one of my African cichlids. It is red/orange zebra and all has been well for almost a month of having her but she just started pooping clear feces that is very stringy. Her eyes also have became bulgy and just has weird anxiety type of attacks. Is not very active on feeding and just seems frigid a lot. My other fish do fine so I know she is sick I just don't know what to do:( please help anyone

Any better? Just wondering if that was the only change to the tank for a month when it sounded like she was added? Also just in case, have you checked water conditions - ammonia, ph, temp, etc just in case.

I get my water tested about every week at LFS so I'll have to have it checked. But no, she doesn't seem to do better. Hopefully whatever it is will fix itself.

Please someone? I really don't want to lose her so any advice or things to try are very appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom