Very stuck and don't no what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lizmunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have a trigon 190 with
2 Coris
1 fighting fish
6 pineapple tail
8 tetra neon, red glow
5 danios
5 platys
1 gourami

My ammonia levels are sky high i thought I got on top of it but woke up this morning and waters back to cloudy and ammonia is 0.2-0.4 and ph 4 temp 26

I've donor 35-25 p% water changes for the last three days Nd added live bacteria to help reduce the ammonia but nothing seems to be working my concern is that I did have 2 goumai the other day and when I did 35% water change noticed one of them was missing so i removed all everything from the tank to see if i could find him and nothing I'm not sure if the high levels are due to a dead fish being in there but i just can't find it or if the tank is overstocked? The fish seems happy enough but i am very aware that the levels re high so,please and help would be great

I have rocks and four small ish live plants so deff not over stocked with decorations as i like the fish to have a lot of room to swim

PH of 4, if I read that correctly, is more than likely your cause. Nitrifying Bacteria wont survive in water that acidic.

Fighting fish? Am I reading that right that you have a betta with your other inhabitants? Slippery slope, but not what you're posting about.

.25 NH3/4 isn't terrible and should go down automatically assuming the tank is cycled and you have sufficient filtration.

How long has the tank been running?
What's your nitrite and nitrate readings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nitrite nitrate are 0
The tank is 3 weeks old so think could be cycling and betta fish seems to be ok with the others?

Seems you are about to start seeing Nitrites, and eventually Nitrates. The cycle is starting and testing will be crucial to your fish surviving. 50% PWC's should be done when ammonia is at or above 0.5, and when Nitrites are at or above 0.25. The cloudiness is most likely a bacterial bloom and is to be expected in a cycling tank.
As to your missing Gourami, I would look a few places- In your filter, on the floor or aquarium stand around the tank, and lastly in your gravel vac... These are the most common places I have read that missing fish end up.
The quick-start products in my experience are rubbish! So not working as they say they should is pretty common. Also, what water conditioner do you use? After trying a few myself, I have found that I like Prime the best, especially when cycling as it will help to make Ammonia and Nitrites less toxic to your fish in a time that they will surely be exposed to both at some point!

What bacteria product did you use?

Cut back on feeding, only feed every 3rd day. And small amounts. This will keep levels low.

Floating plants will also help

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom