VERY URGENT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm wondering if they are scars or scrapes. Perhaps maybe new scales that didn't take on the underlying pigment. That's only a guess. I've never seen it either, but from the photos they looks like scrapes.

Yeah, he seemed a bit shocked to find 2 loaches in a tank after he'd been on his own for 2 weeks or seemed to be rather overwhelmed with stress/excitement.

He did wriggle around trying to dig sand/lodge himself in a hiding place but he does this most of the time. Perhaps he was desperate to find somewhere.

Its quite intense in that tank though as it is only a 20gal.

Will they heal/grow back do you know?

Scales can heal, but whether it's scarred or not I can't tell through the pictures. I once took a jack dempsey that was shredded to near nothing, his fins were almost all gone and his scales looked like minced meat. He got it bad. A customer brought him in. I healed him up and his scales did come back without scarring, so I guess only time will tell. As mentioned, sometimes the scales come back without the underlying pigment of that area, so the pattern may get broken, but that's just pigment. Nothing to worry about there.

TCTFish, I just wanted to say thankyou for the help.
Over the last month he is back to his normal self again, and the scares/scrapes are smaller and seem to be healing.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom