Video of my mixed up 240G.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont know if you saw this in my other post. It is the EBJD that I have left. He is about 1.5".

img_1388641_0_2a70a5f7f9eb084bde5a4d26aec64b0e.jpg

If it lives he/she will be stunning, it's a shame they're so weak but that's also what makes them cool. Think of how rewarding it will be when he's 7-8", good luck I'm still looking for a good stock to start.

Wow. Great tank! Love the PFS look. I think I'll look into that for my next (much larger) tank.

Wow. Great tank! Love the PFS look. I think I'll look into that for my next (much larger) tank.

Thanks. I recommend PFS to everyone, especially for cichlids. They love to dig in it! Not to mention, it is alot cheaper than most other substrates.

Thanks. I recommend PFS to everyone, especially for cichlids. They love to dig in it! Not to mention, it is alot cheaper than most other substrates.

How does it work with a python gravel vac? Is it heavy to stay down and not get sucked out?

I just hover over the sand and pick up all the poop...etc. Since all the crap stays on top of the sand. It doesnt go all the way through like bigger gravel. Even if you suck some up, it is heavy enough to drop out. I do recommend moving intakes for filters at least 3-4 inches off the surface. Sand will mess with impellers.

I just hover over the sand and pick up all the poop...etc. Since all the crap stays on top of the sand. It doesnt go all the way through like bigger gravel. Even if you suck some up, it is heavy enough to drop out. I do recommend moving intakes for filters at least 3-4 inches off the surface. Sand will mess with impellers.

Awesome. I'm picking up a new 55g tomorrow and I'm not sure if it has PFS, Crushed coral, or Cichlid sand. Its a craigslist steal so I'll find out I guess.

Well, since it isnt set up you can change to PFS. A 55 will only take about a bag and a half. Make sure to start a thread and document with pictures! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom