vieja argentea info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just visited a new LFS near my house and they have vieja argentea. they are selling an adult about 12" + for 50,000 pesos, so that's about $892 + do you guys know any infos about their price and how to take care of them? :D here's a picture i found in the net

That fish's name is the old argentinan? I have never heard of such...Why did they give the fish a spanish name?

There is NO WAY it is worth that much.

Cost of Vieja Argentea

You may want to research that since this web site sells them for 20.00 US

http://www.fishopolis.ca/stocklisttangled.htm

And by the way 50,000 pesos equals four thousand American dollars and change. Not sure where you got the 892.00 figure.

Mexican Peso
MXN

equals

American Dollar
USD

Uuummm... She's in the Philippines, those are Philippino Pesos and at current exchange rates 50,000.00 pesos = $892.+US.

Profile awareness :wink:

They are very beautifull fish, i looked at them before, but they are out of my league. If you have the money, go ahead and buy a couple if you can. But i would first get a decent, big tank (125 gal???). So maybe you could breed them then...... :lol: But that's a big maybe, and i would think they will be harder to breed then discus, considering their price.
Good luck!

I'm pretty shocked about the price too... if it's expensive to you guys, imagine how expensive it is for me.. you can buy a small one about 2"1/2 for 32$. maybe it's so expensive here cause it's new, actually it's the first time that i saw this fish, it's beautiful in it's own special way. i have a rich chinese friend who purchased an adult flowerhorn (louhan) for 20,000 pesos or 357$ ( the father of that fish won first price in a competition, it's very beautiful) but that was when flowerhorns became such a hit here in Asia, now the LFS lowered their prices to more than half cause people started breeding them locally. actually i have 3" one i got for only 50 pesos/89cents :D maybe i'll just have to wait a couple of years before i can buy a vieja argentea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom