Violet goby owners needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camogirl28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one violet goby . I bought it 3 weeks ago , from walmart ( only after I studied in it for weeks ) . I know it is sold a mean & aggressive , but it is not really just peaceful and a little blind . So I know it SAYS it will eat ghost shrimp but if you have a goby do you know if it really will eat them .

I have one violet goby . I bought it 3 weeks ago , from walmart ( only after I studied in it for weeks ) . I know it is sold a mean & aggressive , but it is not really just peaceful and a little blind . So I know it SAYS it will eat ghost shrimp but if you have a goby do you know if it really will eat them .

They are pretty much blind (if not blind) and I thought I read some where that they eat the biofilm or something in the substrate and sift the rest through their gills? I might be mistaken though, I read those both a long time ago haha. They have a big mouth so I guess eating a shrimp could happen, but they would have to find it first.

Back
Top Bottom