viscous goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piranha

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pond and started with 5 small goldfish. I thought it might be a good idea because of their size, to bring them in for the winter so I placed them in a 30 gallon.They were 3 different species. 2 shubunkin,2 fantail, the other not sure what kind it is. What I realized after losing 2 is the one type is attacking and inflicting injury to the others trying to prevent them from eating.I give them ample food twice a day. Should I not have them together if they are of different species?

Yes the round bodied, fantail varieties are slower than the normal tailed fish. You can try to feed a mix of sinking and floating foods. But the best thing, if possible, is to have separate tanks for each variety to make sure they all get food.

I've had this same experience with a Comet Koi Goldfish. It was the most evil fish I've ever owned, far surpassing the black damsel. I'd get them out of that tank ASAP if I was you, haha.

HTH, Joshua...

Thanks Tropicalman and nyghtone for the replies.I did put the killer goldfish back in the pond.He's large enough now to survive our winters.The others will stay in the 30 gallon.

I must be lucky :p I have just the regular 'matured' feeder goldfish in my ponds plus 2 fantail, bubble eye goldfish & nobody has been eaten yet. The 'mature' feeder fish are 3 yrs old & the fantails are 2 yrs old. They will all come inside to a 90 gal tank in about a month.

Back
Top Bottom