Von rio flame tetras and rasbora danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhilkyanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Best combination of plants or decorative options for these guys in a tank with Cory's? Thanks!

Heres my tank, i have cories, neons, von rios, and some white cloud minnows.

Attachments

• image-4100131322.jpg
    image-4100131322.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image-731474107.jpg
    image-731474107.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2703264111.jpg
    image-2703264111.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image-254899126.jpg
    image-254899126.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 101
And for plants i have

Swords, crypts, xmas moss, wysteria, and i might have a cpl others im forgetting

Wow very nice!!! I'm looking to be more simple and have fake stuff though... I Know it's lame but that's where I'm at so far in the hobby, I have this as much tank so far...

Attachments

• image-15790508.jpg
    image-15790508.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 117
Ignore the bala sharks they are gone now lol they are way to big for my tank haha

You can usually find some really nice fake plants to fill it in a little bit if you wanna keep it simple. Maybe swap out the gravel for a natural sand? That would definitely do the trick in my opinion. The tree trunk looks really cool!

I would loveeee sand... But my question is filter... No experience with sand. Does it affect the filter? I have the tetra whisper 10i which is all functioned out of the tree trunk so that and the heater is hidden. And if sand is good for this set up where can I get affordable stuff? Does it truly matter? Also maybe some advice on install as well, thank youuu!!!!

The sand won't cause your filter any problems as long as you rinse it well. You can use play sand from the hardware store or buy a bag from your fish store.

If you want to make the swap, you'll also need a couple 5 gallon buckets. Do a good gravel vac and remve about half the water before you remove the old stuff so you don't have to much gunk floating around. Rinse the new sand in a bucket. You can just stick the hose in the bottom and swish it around to get all the small particles floating over the top of the bucket. Best to have the sand all rinsed and ready to go before you start the process. Slowly add the new sand by hand if you like or use a cup. Replace your decor, refill with treated water, wait for everything to settle and turn your filter back on. It's really not to difficult once you get at it! :) when you vacuum the tank with sand you won't have to go deep like with gravel, all the poo just sits on top, just wave the vac over the top of the sand... just a little FYI.

Billbug68 said:
The sand won't cause your filter any problems as long as you rinse it well. You can use play sand from the hardware store or buy a bag from your fish store.

If you want to make the swap, you'll also need a couple 5 gallon buckets. Do a good gravel vac and remve about half the water before you remove the old stuff so you don't have to much gunk floating around. Rinse the new sand in a bucket. You can just stick the hose in the bottom and swish it around to get all the small particles floating over the top of the bucket. Best to have the sand all rinsed and ready to go before you start the process. Slowly add the new sand by hand if you like or use a cup. Replace your decor, refill with treated water, wait for everything to settle and turn your filter back on. It's really not to difficult once you get at it! :) when you vacuum the tank with sand you won't have to go deep like with gravel, all the poo just sits on top, just wave the vac over the top of the sand... just a little FYI.

Perfect! Thanks so so much I will look into it!

Back
Top Bottom