Vortec mp 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hhi guys and gals as you can see from my pic this is my 20 gallon reef tank with 4 sps corals i am running a single vortec mp 10 what i am wondering is would it be worth while investing in another vortec for extra flow and any sugestions on the placement of my corals are welcome i am useing a arcadis luminare with 2 t5 bulbs one dayloght white and the other atintic blue as all replys welcome thank's gang ....?

Attachments

• image-3799213979.jpg
    image-3799213979.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 114
I like flow in my tank. Ok a lot, lol. If you have got the mp 10w es model then i would get another one, that way they could talk back and such. One on the other off, etc, etc... If you have the normal mp10 es model then, there would be not point of having/running two. This would be over kill, by sooo much. They would not talk back and forth, leaving a wave of water on your floor. LOL. I would still look into getting a good HOB Skimmer before getting another vortech pump. I love them but hate the $$$. Lol

Yea it is a es model that was my line of thought with anothe mp 10 excuse my ignorance what is a hob skimmer and would it be usefull for such a small tank ie 20 gallon i also run a external eheim canister filter to store rowa phos carbon etc a bit of extra flow not very much thou .......?

Hang on back. Hob. Clean water will benefit your corals more then a huge vortex of water IMHO

Pinky77 said:
Yea it is a es model that was my line of thought with anothe mp 10 excuse my ignorance what is a hob skimmer and would it be usefull for such a small tank ie 20 gallon i also run a external eheim canister filter to store rowa phos carbon etc a bit of extra flow not very much thou .......?

A HOB Skimmer, is a hang on back skimmer. This takes all the bad stuff out of the tank, etc.

Back
Top Bottom