walmart fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was going to get some albino cories and i don't want to pay $5 for them at petco so i was wondering about getting them from walmart I've goten 4 fish total from walmart i got a kissing gourami that they sold my as a dwarf gourami 1 dalmotion molly and 2 zebra danios and they all servived exepet 1 of the danios so would it be a good idea to get the cories from there

You can judge for yourself by going into the store and testing the knowledge of the employees. Ask them if a common pleco is suitable for a 10 gallon tank. Also look in general at the state of the fish in their store if you see overstocked tanks with dying fish I wouldn't buy from there if I was you but if the fish are healthy then it's worth a shot.

Support your small LFS and pay the extra money if it is a good store. If you have problems with your tank or fish he will be the person who can help you. If you don't support him, then when his store goes belly up, you will have no one to turn to that really knows how to take care of fish.

I don't think much more of Petco than I do Walmart. Don't you have any independent LFS near you? How about an Aquarium Fish Club?

There's only one that i know of its called Creature Castle its in brandon fl. And its only a pet store not a fish store and I'm just moving here this weekend and I've never been there.

I prefer to get it from my LFS because I KNOW they're fish are healthy. Most the fish they sell, they breed themselves. They also quarantine all new arrivals.

Although they're prices are outrageous, I don't mind supporting them.

Petco and Petsmart match prices in my area try asking them if they can match Walmart fish prices

Really the only reason i asked is because all the fish at my walmart look fine and they don't just have empty tanks at mine they have gravel and decorations in the tank and i didn't see that many dead fish in the tanks.

If the fish look good and the tanks are clean looking I'd say go for it...as for talking to the wally emp, forget it as its random on who gets sent to the section.

There's only one that i know of its called Creature Castle its in brandon fl. And its only a pet store not a fish store and I'm just moving here this weekend and I've never been there.

U live by me. There are A LOT of independent places. One on 41 and palm and one down further south on 41

Really the only reason i asked is because all the fish at my walmart look fine and they don't just have empty tanks at mine they have gravel and decorations in the tank and i didn't see that many dead fish in the tanks.

And petco on causway in Brandon actually has smart people who are very knowledgeable..nick is the manager who I like the most he gives info that's best for fish and not the store.

U live by me. There are A LOT of independent places. One on 41 and palm and one down further south on 41

You can even tour segrest farms a big distribution (used on the big tv shows) center on bigbend near 41. You should look around we have a lot of fish places because we have the perfect environment for them look around online. I went to creature castle they are nice and the fish are a bit more expensive but I like supporting locals.

I thought about segrest farms but I'm not old enough to do the tour. Today i went to the petsmart on brandon blvd. And there tanks look nice

You can't buy fish at. segrest bug its a very interesting place. And u can get the local shops to get the fish from there..I find the petsmart on causway better. But that's just me. Do a google search of local shops.

Back
Top Bottom