Walmart plant bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you have to rearange them and heres a pic of the whole tank 0,0

Attachments

• image-898916235.jpg
    image-898916235.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 89
Excuse fake plants. The cichlids won't allow live plants. And my roommate love that crazy colors.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111114_232431.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111114_232431.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20111114_232624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111114_232624.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20111114_232649.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111114_232649.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 81
Crewless said:
Why do you have to rearange them and heres a pic of the whole tank 0,0

To keep cichlids from getting comfortable enough to.fight.

Oh wow amazing tank ! And the fish are just so awsome i have plant bulbs growing so i hope they grow big and my fishy likes them :) excuse the fake brown plant ....its all i had and i cant shop online so getting plants is really hard for me

My betta i have in there he was very angry at all the fish flareing up but i accadently hit the heater top with my hand wich made it turn way up i didnt catch it till i added 2new rocks today and the water was 85 degrees and he was so calm and easy going as if he was actualy happy :)

Sorry for my ramblings but ill be back tomrrow to talk with you about plants :)

Crewless said:
My betta i have in there he was very angry at all the fish flareing up but i accadently hit the heater top with my hand wich made it turn way up i didnt catch it till i added 2new rocks today and the water was 85 degrees and he was so calm and easy going as if he was actualy happy :)

Well live in pc, fl. Don't use heaters on tanks. They tend to overheard the tank. And those cichlids are Sooo hardy. That tank has been moved like five times! The big golden saun( often mistaken for a green terror) is 8 yrs old and the plecto is 10! He was my 3 rd fish ever!

joejeff said:
Well live in pc, fl. Don't use heaters on tanks. They tend to overheard the tank. And those cichlids are Sooo hardy. That tank has been moved like five times! The big golden saun( often mistaken for a green terror) is 8 yrs old and the plecto is 10! He was my 3 rd fish ever!

Your tank is pretty boss with that rock formation. My tank was done very, very slowly. I built the stand myself, saved some cash there. We have 5 fish store within 10 minutes of my house soo.....I am spoiled...

I get my bulbs from petco. They're from Complete Aquatic Systems in California. I've generally gotten a 80% success rate and I get about 5 bulbs for $4. Then if I send them a SASE with the bad bulb they'll send me some fresher bulbs(so roughly 88 cents plus the cost of envelope). I've had success with their aponogeton and onion bulbs but no success with the water lillly bulbs yet. Which is sort of a shame because the one plant I'd really like to produce are some water lillies.

I totally understand how this may not work for you due to distance to the store. I've had transportation issues in my past and it really makes it a pain.

What do you mean my tank is pretty boss ? I have no idea what that means

Crewless said:
What do you mean my tank is pretty boss ? I have no idea what that means

Yes it looks cool, awesome. Whatever... I like it. Lol.

Im thinking of upgradeing to a 20 gallon any susgestions? On plants ...or fishys or rock structures?

Crewless said:
Im thinking of upgradeing to a 20 gallon any susgestions? On plants ...or fishys or rock structures?

Go bigger. I went from a 10 to a 20 and then instantly regretted it. I ended up w my 75 soon after. I say get at least a 29 gallon. But if you want to do something really interesting, like cichlids, get a 55. I know its expensive. But its worth saving for and waiting in my opinion.

joejeff said:
Go bigger. I went from a 10 to a 20 and then instantly regretted it. I ended up w my 75 soon after. I say get at least a 29 gallon. But if you want to do something really interesting, like cichlids, get a 55. I know its expensive. But its worth saving for and waiting in my opinion.

Plus 2nd hand large Aquariums pop up on cl all the time.

Omg heres the first sprout allready :)

Attachments

• image-1751215173.jpg
    image-1751215173.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 72
Great stuff. What do you think about burying the bulb into the gravel up to the sprout?

I think thats an awsome idea :) so far i see only one sprout out of 7 i saw a little white one but a gold fish in my other tank ate one :(

Back
Top Bottom